Blue Cheese Appetizer Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Divide bread dough in half. Press each into a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray; build up edges slightly. Prick dough several times with a fork. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- 2. Brush dough with oil. Combine the basil, oregano and garlic powder; sprinkle over dough. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Arrange onion and tomatoes over crust; sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 2 pizzas (10 slices each).
1 each: 118 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Appetizer Pizza
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.