Blue Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
A rich, warm and cheesy recipe for classic stuffed mushrooms, this attractive appetizer is perfect for your next dinner party or special event. —Kristen Woodburn, Atlanta, Georgia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup bacon bits, divided
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms and set caps aside; discard stems or save for another use. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, blue cheese, onions, garlic and 1/4 cup bacon bits. Stuff into mushroom caps, a scant tablespoonful in each.
- 2. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining bacon bits. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 55 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC