Blue Cheese and Apple Pork Chops Recipe
Tangy apple wedges and smoky, salty bacon create a yummy topping for pork chops. Try this entree alongside mashed potatoes for an especially comforting supper.
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 maple-flavored bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil in batches.
- 2. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the apples, onions and bacon. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, broth and apple juice; pour over apple mixture. Top with pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Remove pork from slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, remove apples; serve with pork. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Blue Cheese and Apple Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC