- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 maple-flavored bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil in batches.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the apples, onions and bacon. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, broth and apple juice; pour over apple mixture. Top with pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker. Using a slotted spoon, remove apples; serve with pork. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Blue Cheese and Apple Pork Chops
Sort By :
Was this recipe a joke? I mean, I had doubts making it and I double checked that I was following the directions because it seemed like it wasn't going to be very good. Turned out to be both bland and GROSS. The bacony appleness did not work. It had almost no flavor except for boiled pork. NOT GOOD. I wound up re-separating the ingredients, making a sweet/spicy cinnamon apple concoction with the apples and reducing the bacon/onion water to a thin sauce to serve over the chops (which came out rubbery, by the way). Don't do this one.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >