Blue Cheese 'n' Fruit Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until blended. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, apples, oranges and pecans. Add dressing and toss to coat; sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 170 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 0 fruit, 2 fat.
Reviews for Blue Cheese 'n' Fruit Tossed Salad
"this recipe is the bomb,made for my husband and he really doesn't like nuts in his food but he loved it,having our family over for a sunday dinner and i will be making this again for them.I used Paul Newmans Poppy seed dressing and if was perfect with it.thanks for sharing."
"Nice, crispy refreshing salad. The dressing is a little runny, however, I think I would omit the water if I make it again."