- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until blended. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, apples, oranges and pecans. Add dressing and toss to coat; sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Blue Cheese 'n' Fruit Tossed Salad
Sort By :
"this recipe is the bomb,made for my husband and he really doesn't like nuts in his food but he loved it,having our family over for a sunday dinner and i will be making this again for them.I used Paul Newmans Poppy seed dressing and if was perfect with it.thanks for sharing."
"Nice, crispy refreshing salad. The dressing is a little runny, however, I think I would omit the water if I make it again."