You'll definitely want to cut yourself a thick slice of this savory, cheesy bread. The robust flavors will have everyone asking for the recipe! Rita Rowland Auburn, Kentucky
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute shallots in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mustard. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in cheeses and reserved shallot mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Blue Cheese & Shallot Bread in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p44
Reviews for Blue Cheese & Shallot Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review