- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute shallots in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mustard. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in cheeses and reserved shallot mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Blue Cheese & Shallot Bread
Sort By :
Simply perfect as is. I've made it twice, my husband and I ate the first loaf, my sil and non-blue cheese loving daughter mostly ate the second loaf.
Tried this yesterday!Great bread,and on my menu for New Years Eve.Thanks for sharing !!
I was wondering if the blue cheese could be substituted with another cheese?
Tasty! This made a nice side to grilled porterhouse.
I thought this bread sounded good and I wasn't disappointed. It was wonderful. I didn't have shallots so used chopped onions instead and added a little minced garlic. It turned out beautifully. Excellent flavor and very easy to make. Next time I may add just a little dill weed and see how that tastes. My entire family loved it and I'll definitely make it again and again.