- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute shallots in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mustard. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in cheeses and reserved shallot mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Blue Cheese & Shallot Bread
"Simply perfect as is. I've made it twice, my husband and I ate the first loaf, my sil and non-blue cheese loving daughter mostly ate the second loaf."
"Tried this yesterday!Great bread,and on my menu for New Years Eve.Thanks for sharing !!"
"I was wondering if the blue cheese could be substituted with another cheese?"
"Tasty! This made a nice side to grilled porterhouse."
"I thought this bread sounded good and I wasn't disappointed. It was wonderful. I didn't have shallots so used chopped onions instead and added a little minced garlic. It turned out beautifully. Excellent flavor and very easy to make. Next time I may add just a little dill weed and see how that tastes. My entire family loved it and I'll definitely make it again and again."