Blue Cheese & Shallot Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute shallots in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mustard. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Fold in cheeses and reserved shallot mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Blue Cheese & Shallot Bread(7)
Sort By :
Tried this yesterday!Great bread,and on my menu for New Years Eve.Thanks for sharing !!
I was wondering if the blue cheese could be substituted with another cheese?
Tasty! This made a nice side to grilled porterhouse.
I thought this bread sounded good and I wasn't disappointed. It was wonderful. I didn't have shallots so used chopped onions instead and added a little minced garlic. It turned out beautifully. Excellent flavor and very easy to make. Next time I may add just a little dill weed and see how that tastes. My entire family loved it and I'll definitely make it again and again.
We made this bread today. It was so easy, and we love it. I'm thinking of substituting it for corn bread.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >