Blue Cheese & Berry Tossed Salad Recipe
The sweet tang of blueberries complements the sharpness of blue cheese in this breezy side. Topped with pecans, it could pass for a fancy restaurant’s signature salad.—Rachael Zavala, Pleasant Hill, California
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the salad greens, cheese, blueberries and pecans.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 177 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC