Blue Cheese & Bacon Stuffed Peppers
Grilling is a huge summer highlight for my family, which is one reason we're such fans of this recipe. Whenever I put out a plate of these cute little appetizers, people come flocking. Good thing there are lots of peppers in each bag. —Tara Cruz, Kersey, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 medium sweet yellow, orange or red peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Cut peppers into quarters. Remove and discard stems and seeds. In a
- small bowl, mix cream cheese, blue cheese, bacon and green onion
- until blended.
- Grill peppers, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from
- heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until slightly charred.
- Remove peppers from grill; fill each with about 1 tablespoon cheese
- mixture. Grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield:
- 1 dozen.