BLTs with Raisin-Avocado Spread
If you’re looking to dress up a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, try spreading on a blend of cream cheese, avocado and raisins instead of mayonnaise. Veronica Callaghan of Glastonbury, Connecticut shares her tasty twist on this classic.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 12 romaine leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and
- process until blended. Spread evenly over six slices of toast. Layer
- with bacon, lettuce and tomato. Top with remaining toast. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 446 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 853 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.