If you’re looking to dress up a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, try spreading on a blend of cream cheese, avocado and raisins instead of mayonnaise. Veronica Callaghan of Glastonbury, Connecticut shares her tasty twist on this classic.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and halved
- 12 romaine leaves
- 6 slices tomato
- In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and process until blended. Spread evenly over six slices of toast. Layer with bacon, lettuce and tomato. Top with remaining toast. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as BLT's with Raisin-Avocado Spread in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p30
Reviews for BLTs with Raisin-Avocado Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review