BLT Wedge Salad
The homemade dressing really makes this simple, quick-to-fix salad shine. You get so much flavor without a whole lot of work. Making the dressing in advance and refrigerating will intensify the flavor. Adding blue cheese crumbles is a great option as well.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and lime juice; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the mayonnaise, shallot, ranch dressing mix, pepper and
- garlic until blended.
- Cut lettuce into four wedges. Drizzle with dressing; top with
- tomatoes and bacon. Sprinkle with blue cheese if desired. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 salad (calculated without blue cheese) equals 536 calories, 48 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 1,405 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.