Two favorites go together in this hearty dish: BLTs and twice-baked potatoes. I like to serve these potatoes with grilled steaks or barbecued chicken. —Mary Shenk, DeKalb, Illinois
- 4 medium potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 12-15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. In a small bowl, mash pulp with mayonnaise, adding cheese, bacon, tomatoes, green onion, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into potato shells. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as BLT Twice-Baked Potatoes in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014
Reviews for BLT Twice-Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2014
"My family are meat and potato fans anyways. These are simply amazing!"
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2014