Two favorites go together in this hearty dish: BLTs and twice-baked potatoes. I like to serve these potatoes with grilled steaks or barbecued chicken. —Mary Shenk, DeKalb, Illinois
- 4 medium potatoes (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 12-15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. In a small bowl, mash pulp with mayonnaise, adding cheese, bacon, tomatoes, green onion, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into potato shells. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with lettuce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as BLT Twice-Baked Potatoes in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014
Reviews for BLT Twice-Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2014
"My family are meat and potato fans anyways. These are simply amazing!"
Reviewed Jan. 7, 2014