BLT Turkey Salad Recipe
- 6 cups torn romaine or leaf lettuce
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Just before serving, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over turkey mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/4 cups each).
1-1/4 cups equals 371 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 419 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.