This variation of a BLT salad goes great with a side of garlic bread or garlic toast, and will satisfy even the pickiest eaters. —Sherry Conley, Noel Hants County, Nova Scotia
- 6 cups torn romaine or leaf lettuce
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Just before serving, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over turkey mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/4 cups each).
Originally published as BLT Turkey Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p47
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for BLT Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review