This weeknight meal is fast and reminiscent of a BLT, with its chunks of bacon and tomato. The whole wheat linguine gives the skillet extra flavor and texture. —Edrie O'Brien, Denver, Colorado
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper
- towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute tomato and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until
- heated through. Stir in the bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley;
- toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 302 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 670 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a