- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute tomato and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for BLT Skillet
"I made this recipe as written,except omitting the parsley. With a vegetable side, it made a nice dinner, light but filling. Next time I might add some olives, mild chile peppers, for a little more excitement."
"Made this last night for dinner and the guys loved it. I needed more than the recipe called for so increased quantities. Since I didn't have whole wheat pasta, I used a pound of angel hair. I also used a pound of bacon and a container of halved cherub tomatoes. I added more garlic and threw in a minced sweet onion. Lots of parmesan and a bit of the starchy cooking liquid from the pasta made a nice sauce. The lemon juice - I used a whole lemon - added a nice contrast to the dish. Try it!"
"This is an absolutely delicious and easy to make casserole. I changed it up just a bit from the original recipe. My family enjoys the flavors of onion in nearly every dish where it's appropriate. I added about half a cup of minced onion. I also found in preparing it that I preferred to use a 14 and a half ounce can of diced tomatoes, as opposed to fresh tomatoes. I did not drain off the diced tomatoes as I found the dish can use a little bit of extra moisture. This recipe is a winner, and now in my regular rotation of dishes. It is just as good served as leftovers the next day. A hit with everyone I served to!"
"The whole family loved this recipe. I should have tripled it because I had requests for seconds."
"Very good and next time will probably add a little more bacon. Very easy to make and I tripled the recipe and used regular linguini not whole wheat."
"I made this tonight for my family and it was nearly all eaten. I had quadrupled the recipe because I have four kids and two are teens. It was very very good, and nice and lighter for a hot humid summer evening. I did add diced onion and fresh rosemary from the garden and a side of sliced, chilled cucumbers for a wonderful dinner. This recipe goes into the "keeper" file!!!"
"Wonderful, Great way to use whole wheat pasta."
"Made this for our supper tonight and it was delicious. I over-guessed the amount of spaghetti to use, and there was a bit too much, so I just added another tomato and just a little olive oil. Perfect. We will have this again!"