- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute tomato and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for BLT Skillet
Sort By :
"Hubby made this for our first time and took some liberties, but this is a wonderful recipe! Old Bay was added to the pasta water and pre-cooked shrimp were dropped in to heat up right before draining. He used six bacon strips and 2 tomatoes just because we like them. This is a way different meal than we normally eat, but are so glad we tried it. Thanks so much for posting the recipe. We'll have it regularly in the future."
"Who doesn't love bacon and I love that it uses linguini - I only added a bit of mozzarella as we are cheese freaks"
"This was good. A lot more flavor then expected. Will need to make 1-1/2 batches next time. It needs more tomato in my opinion. Served this with sauteed squash and a salad. will make again."
"Simple yet tons of flavor!"