- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute tomato and garlic for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for BLT Skillet
"Great weeknight dinner! Quick to prepare and just delicious."
"The whole family loved this recipe. I should have tripled it because I had requests for seconds."
"Very good and next time will probably add a little more bacon. Very easy to make and I tripled the recipe and used regular linguini not whole wheat."
"I made this tonight for my family and it was nearly all eaten. I had quadrupled the recipe because I have four kids and two are teens. It was very very good, and nice and lighter for a hot humid summer evening. I did add diced onion and fresh rosemary from the garden and a side of sliced, chilled cucumbers for a wonderful dinner. This recipe goes into the "keeper" file!!!"
"Wonderful, Great way to use whole wheat pasta."
"Made this for our supper tonight and it was delicious. I over-guessed the amount of spaghetti to use, and there was a bit too much, so I just added another tomato and just a little olive oil. Perfect. We will have this again!"
"Delicious! I tripled the recipe to feed the whole family and added garlic bread. Everyone loved it."
"Very good. I would add more bacon next time. Can't go wrong with bacon!"
"This makes a really easy and tastey meal.Because it only makes two servings if your making it for a family you will need to double the recipe.I also increased the tomatoe. I served with a salad and garlic bread.It makes an easy meal for after a day at work"