Chunks of bacon and tomato adorn this quick weeknight meal that's a pasta lover's take on a BLT. (The L stands for linguine!)
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine or whole wheat linguine
- 8 bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings.
- In the drippings, cook and stir tomatoes and garlic 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as BLT Skillet Supper in Pasta 2014, p22
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for BLT Skillet Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review