"My husband and I love BLT sandwiches, especially in the summer when tomatoes are fresh and plentiful," relates Deborah Heatwole of Waynesboro, Georgia. "This salad showcases the flavors of that classic sandwich easily and deliciously."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup salad croutons
- In a skillet or microwave, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper
- towels. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomato and cheese. In a
- small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon and croutons.
- Yield: 4 servings.