BLT Salad with Pasta
“This simple pasta salad is great for gatherings and a favorite of everyone I know! I like to keep the ingredients in separate containers in the fridge. Just toss together for one or more servings whenever needed.”
—Mary Sigfusson, Mankato, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3 cups torn romaine
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper
- towels with a slotted spoon to drain.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; place in a large bowl. Add the
- bacon, tomato and dressing. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, add romaine and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 358 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 564 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now