BLT Salad with Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 package (1 pound) sliced bacon, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon to drain.
- 2. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; place in a large bowl. Add the bacon, tomato and dressing. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Just before serving, add romaine and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 358 calories, 24 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 564 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.