BLT Salad for Two Recipe
- 2/3 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 5 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon to drain.
- 2. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; place in a large bowl. Add the bacon, tomato and dressing. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Just before serving, add romaine and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 315 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 552 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.