BLT Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 12 strips)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and sugar. In a small bowl, whisk milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the bacon, tomatoes and parsley.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 185 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 385mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for BLT Muffins
"While these muffins were totally edible, they lacked pizazz - not much flavor. I will not be making them again."
"These were great! Super moist and full of flavor!"
"Great muffins!! Would add grated cheddar cheese on top to kick them up a notch, didn't get mant 5 oz size out of a batch and would double recipe next time I make them."