If you like classic bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches, check out these muffins. They're perfect for pancake breakfasts and bring-a-dish dinners alike. You can serve softened cream cheese or butter with them, but they're moist and rich on their own. —Katie Koziolek, Hartland, Minnesota
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 12 strips)
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and sugar. In a small bowl, whisk milk and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the bacon, tomatoes and parsley.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as BLT Muffins in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p47
Reviews for BLT Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2011
"These were great! Super moist and full of flavor!"
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2009
"Great muffins!! Would add grated cheddar cheese on top to kick them up a notch, didn't get mant 5 oz size out of a batch and would double recipe next time I make them."