BLT Meatball Sliders Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ranch dip mix
- 18 dinner rolls, split
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1. Place bacon in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg, bread crumbs, onion and seasonings. Crumble the bacon, pork and beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. meatballs.
- 2. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Combine mayonnaise and dip mix; spread over rolls. Layer each roll bottom with salad greens, a tomato slice and a meatball; replace tops. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 slider: 384 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 691mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for BLT Meatball Sliders
"These were good. My only issue was the bacon. It turned into a chunky mess in the food processor and not diced. I had to end up hand chopping."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.