BLT Meatball Sliders Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked bacon strips
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ranch dip mix
- 18 dinner rolls, split
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1. Place bacon in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. In a large bowl, combine the milk, egg, bread crumbs, onion and seasonings. Crumble the bacon, pork and beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. meatballs.
- 2. Place in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Combine mayonnaise and dip mix; spread over rolls. Layer each roll bottom with salad greens, a tomato slice and a meatball; replace tops. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 slider equals 384 calories, 25 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 691 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for BLT Meatball Sliders
"These were good. My only issue was the bacon. It turned into a chunky mess in the food processor and not diced. I had to end up hand chopping."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.