- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add the macaroni, tomatoes and onions; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, add lettuce and bacon; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for BLT Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
"With a little bit more dressing this would be a 5 star recipe. We really loved the flavor of this salad."
"This was easy to put together---and I liked that aspect of it. The only thing that I didn't like is that it was bit dry. I think that if I make it again, I am going to double the sauce and use half to put it together and then use enough of the other half to get it to where I like it before I serve it."
"Made as written (mostly... I really didn't measure the sauce ingredients) and used 6 slices of bacon, and slightly more cooked pasta. Oh my! Is this ever delish!! Definitely one of our new favorites and will be making this a lot!!"
"I omitted the sugar, and the chili sauce. I also used about a half cup of regular mayo, and about another half cup (didn't really measure anything!) of spicy mayo (we like ours with some zest) but you have to add more in volume because some of it gets soaked up by the macaroni. I just put in a squeeze or two of the lemon juice. Fresh scallions from the garden, cherry tomatoes halved, some sliced.....as well as swiss chard. After 3 days in the fridge, the chard has not wilted! Enjoy!"
"I made this for dinner but used cocktail sauce. Big hit! 5 stars"