BLT Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add the macaroni, tomatoes and onions; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, add lettuce and bacon; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for BLT Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
I omitted the sugar, and the chili sauce. I also used about a half cup of regular mayo, and about another half cup (didn't really measure anything!) of spicy mayo (we like ours with some zest) but you have to add more in volume because some of it gets soaked up by the macaroni. I just put in a squeeze or two of the lemon juice. Fresh scallions from the garden, cherry tomatoes halved, some sliced.....as well as swiss chard. After 3 days in the fridge, the chard has not wilted! Enjoy!
I made this for dinner but used cocktail sauce. Big hit! 5 stars
Absolutely delish! Like others, added more mayo, some sour cream, fresh dill, celery seed, a little fresh onion, cracked pepper. A great summertime meal. Oh, and used coleslaw instead of lettuce.
It looked very pretty, but tasted bland.