BLT Macaroni Salad
A friend served this salad, and I just had to get the recipe. My husband loves BLT sandwiches, so this has become a favorite of his. It's nice to serve on hot and humid days, which we frequently get during summer here in Virginia. —Mrs. Hamilton Myers Jr., Charlottesville, Virginia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add the
- macaroni, tomatoes and onions; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, add lettuce and bacon; toss to coat. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 259 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.