BLT Macaroni Salad
This pleasing pasta salad is like eating a BLT in a bowl. Chock-full of crispy crumbled bacon, chopped tomato, celery and green onion, the sensational salad is draped in a tangy mayonnaise and vinegar dressing. It's a real crowd-pleaser!
-Norene Wright, Manilla, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 5 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1-1/4 cups diced celery
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in
- cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, green onions,
- tomato and celery.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour
- over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at
- least 2 hours. Just before serving, add bacon. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 290 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.