BLT in a Bowl Recipe
Velma Jenness of Marcus, Iowa created this hearty pasta medley that’s sure to become a staple.
- 1/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 cup torn iceberg lettuce
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, lemon juice, sugar and bouillon; stir in the macaroni, tomato and onion.
- 2. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl; sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 1 serving.
1-1/2 cups equals 199 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC