BLT Egg Bake Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices bread, toasted
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 medium tomato, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Shredded lettuce
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of toast and cut into small pieces. Arrange toast, mayonnaise side up, in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with cheese slices and bacon.
- In a large skillet, fry eggs over medium heat until completely set; place over bacon. Top with tomato slices; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and onions. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 10 minutes. Cut in squares; serve with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for BLT Egg Bake(4)
Sort By :
Very good recipe. Made this for company, they loved it and took home recipe.
VERY DELICIOUS!!!! I don't know how you come up with that combination but it goes SO well together. I now know how to make homemade sawmill gravy. Thank you! Definitely will make again. My husband wasn't going to try it right when I made it then he did and couldn't stay out of it! Going to be a new favorite in our house!
Great recipe...I made it once for our women's group and now it's requested each time I'm scheduled to bring breakfast!
Our Favorite Egg Bake!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >