BLT Egg Bake Recipe
BLT's are a favorite at my house, so I created this recipe to combine those flavors in a "dressier" dish. It was such a hit, I served it to my church ladies' group at a brunch I hosted. I received lots of compliments and wrote out the recipe many times that day. —Pricilla Detrick Catoosa, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices bread, toasted
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium tomato, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Shredded lettuce
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of toast and cut into small pieces. Arrange toast, mayonnaise side up, in a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Top with cheese slices and bacon.
- 2. In a large skillet, fry eggs over medium heat until completely set; place over bacon. Top with tomato slices; set aside.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Pour over tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and onions. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cut in squares; serve with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC