- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices bread, toasted
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium tomato, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of toast and cut into small pieces. Arrange toast, mayonnaise side up, in a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Top with cheese slices and bacon.
- In a large skillet, fry eggs over medium heat until completely set; place over bacon. Top with tomato slices; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and onions. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cut in squares; serve with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for BLT Egg Bake
Sort By :
"Delicious and easy to make. I divided this recipe in half. I used Morning Star veggie bacon strips as we are vegetarian. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Priscilla."
"This was amazing! Great flavor and very filling. I used Monterey Jack cheese instead of sharp cheddar on top because that's what I had on hand."
"I made this for a lunch that I was hosting and everyone wanted the recipe. Leftovers were warmed up and tasted as good as the first time."
"Very good recipe. Made this for company, they loved it and took home recipe."
"VERY DELICIOUS!!!! I don't know how you come up with that combination but it goes SO well together. I now know how to make homemade sawmill gravy. Thank you! Definitely will make again. My husband wasn't going to try it right when I made it then he did and couldn't stay out of it! Going to be a new favorite in our house!"