- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices bread, toasted
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium tomato, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of toast and cut into small pieces. Arrange toast, mayonnaise side up, in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with cheese slices and bacon.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over bacon.
- In a large skillet, fry eggs over medium heat until they reach desired doneness; place over bacon. Top with tomato slices; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and onions. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cut in squares; serve with lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for BLT Egg Bake
"Delicious and easy to make. I divided this recipe in half. I used Morning Star veggie bacon strips as we are vegetarian. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Priscilla."
"This was amazing! Great flavor and very filling. I used Monterey Jack cheese instead of sharp cheddar on top because that's what I had on hand."
"I made this for a lunch that I was hosting and everyone wanted the recipe. Leftovers were warmed up and tasted as good as the first time."
"Very good recipe. Made this for company, they loved it and took home recipe."
"VERY DELICIOUS!!!! I don't know how you come up with that combination but it goes SO well together. I now know how to make homemade sawmill gravy. Thank you! Definitely will make again. My husband wasn't going to try it right when I made it then he did and couldn't stay out of it! Going to be a new favorite in our house!"
"Great recipe...I made it once for our women's group and now it's requested each time I'm scheduled to bring breakfast!"
"Our Favorite Egg bake!"