BLT Catfish Sandwiches Recipe
A classic gets a rockin' new twist with lemon-grilled catfish and tangy chili sauce instead of mayo. I love to serve these sandwiches with sweet red pepper strips and grilled potato wedges. They're always a huge hit! —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the chili sauce, ketchup, pepper sauce and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; set aside.
- 2. Drizzle remaining lemon juice over fillets; sprinkle with lemon-pepper and salt. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill catfish, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 4. Layer four slices of toast with catfish, bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion. Spread sauce mixture over remaining toast slices; place on top. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 465 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,069 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 39 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC