BLT Catfish Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 thin slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- In a small bowl, combine the chili sauce, ketchup, pepper sauce and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; set aside.
- Drizzle remaining lemon juice over fillets; sprinkle with lemon-pepper and salt. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill catfish, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Layer four slices of toast with catfish, bacon, lettuce, tomato and onion. Spread sauce mixture over remaining toast slices; place on top. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for BLT Catfish Sandwiches(3)
Sort By :
Sandwich was ok. Need to try again with a milder batch of fish The catfish I had was a bit strong and overpowered must of the flavor.
Everyone in my family enjoyed the meal. It was a nice change from the classic BLT. The local grocery store didn't have catfish, but they did have fresh wild cod. It turned out great. I served it with top ramen and grapes for an easy weeknight meal.
This makes for a fun, delicious meal!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >