- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 24 cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 8 slices tomato, optional
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, cheese and ketchup. In a large bowl, mix tomato paste, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Serve burgers on buns with sauce, lettuce, bacon and, if desired, tomato.
Freeze option: Place patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, grill frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for BLT Burgers
"I have many burger recipes and this is a good one. I have a few that I like better, so I will probably go back to those. I did like that these burgers had a blue cheese sauce. My family enjoyed these for our Sunday BBQ. Thanks for sharing the recipe!"