My husband loves a good BLT, but sometimes he wants something a little more substantial. That's where these burgers come in. To keep prep simple, I use packaged pre-cooked bacon and zap it in the microwave for a few seconds before serving. —Deborah Biggs, Omaha, Nebraska
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 24 cooked bacon strips
- 8 slices tomato, optional
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, cheese and ketchup. In a large bowl, mix tomato paste, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Serve burgers on buns with sauce, lettuce, bacon and, if desired, tomato. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as BLT Burgers in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for BLT Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review