BLT Bruschetta Recipe
Field editor Pat Stevens of Granbury, Texas dresses up traditional bruschetta with popular BLT sandwich fixin's. The maple bacon adds a tasty dimension. You could also substitute mesquite-flavored bacon, Pat notes.
- 5 maple-flavored bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) French bread baguette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the bacon, tomato, lettuce, 2 tablespoons pesto, basil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Cut baguette into 36 slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with oil.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with remaining pesto; top each slice with 2 teaspoons bacon mixture. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 piece: 69 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for BLT Bruschetta
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC