Field editor Pat Stevens of Granbury, Texas dresses up traditional bruschetta with popular BLT sandwich fixin's. The maple bacon adds a tasty dimension. You could also substitute mesquite-flavored bacon, Pat notes.
Recommended: 40 Recipes You Won't Believe Are Dairy-Free
- 5 maple-flavored bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) French bread baguette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the bacon, tomato, lettuce, 2 tablespoons pesto, basil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cut baguette into 36 slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with oil.
- Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with remaining pesto; top each slice with 2 teaspoons bacon mixture. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as BLT Bruschetta in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p20
Reviews for BLT Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2011
"Easy to make and delicious!"
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2011
"This has a great balance of flavors. I like the bacon and tomato's compliment to the pesto. This is easy and flavorful."
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2011
"East and excellent! Great mini meal or appetizer."