BLT Bruschetta Recipe
Field editor Pat Stevens of Granbury, Texas dresses up traditional bruschetta with popular BLT sandwich fixin's. The maple bacon adds a tasty dimension. You could also substitute mesquite-flavored bacon, Pat notes.
- 5 maple-flavored bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) French bread baguette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the bacon, tomato, lettuce, 2 tablespoons pesto, basil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Cut baguette into 36 slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with oil.
- Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with remaining pesto; top each slice with 2 teaspoons bacon mixture. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as BLT Bruschetta in Taste of Home August/September 2007, p20
Reviews for BLT Bruschetta(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2011
Easy to make and delicious!
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2011
This has a great balance of flavors. I like the bacon and tomato's compliment to the pesto. This is easy and flavorful.
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2011
East and excellent! Great mini meal or appetizer.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baking Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bruschetta >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Bruschetta >
- Italian Recipes >