BLT Brunch Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Press pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges if desired. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, bacon, green pepper and onion. Layer half of the tomatoes in crust; top with half of the mayonnaise mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for BLT Brunch Pie(3)
Sort By :
This is extremely delicious and I make it every summer! I do modify it a bit and use about 1/3 cup mayo and the rest sour cream as I don't like mayo. I find it takes me longer to make as well as I am not good at peeling tomatoes!
Have made this several times and each time someone asks for the recipe. It is a favorite when we can pick the tomatoes from the garden.
When the tomatoes come in and its a hot summer night nothing makes a better light dinner with a salad!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Breakfast >
- Italian Brunch >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >