- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in sour cream. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Press pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges if desired. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, mushrooms, bacon, green pepper and onion. Layer half of the tomatoes in crust; top with half of the mayonnaise mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for BLT Brunch Pie
"This was sooo amazingly delicious! I made it in my 9" deep dish tart pan with removable bottom. The presentation was as wonderful as the taste. I did add garlic powder and did not peel tomatoes, used jalapenos because that's what i had on hand (I'm from south Texas). It took 20 minutes longer because of the deep dish pan i used. Got so many compliments! Will definitely make this again&again!"
"This is extremely delicious and I make it every summer! I do modify it a bit and use about 1/3 cup mayo and the rest sour cream as I don't like mayo. I find it takes me longer to make as well as I am not good at peeling tomatoes!"
"Have made this several times and each time someone asks for the recipe. It is a favorite when we can pick the tomatoes from the garden."
"When the tomatoes come in and its a hot summer night nothing makes a better light dinner with a salad!"