Zesty and fun BLT Bread Salad always draws raves, says Tonya Vowels of Vine Grove, Kentucky. “It tastes just like a BLT, has a light vinaigrette dressing and goes well with so many main dishes,” she adds.
- 3 cups cubed French bread
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Place bread cubes on an ungreased baking sheet; coat lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the water, vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar and oil until smooth. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato and bread cubes. Sprinkle with bacon and onion. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as BLT Bread Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p23
Reviews for BLT Bread Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review