BLT Bread Salad
Zesty and fun BLT Bread Salad always draws raves, says Tonya Vowels of Vine Grove, Kentucky. “It tastes just like a BLT, has a light vinaigrette dressing and goes well with so many main dishes,” she adds.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups cubed French bread
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Place bread cubes on an ungreased baking sheet; coat lightly with
- cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the water, vinegar, mayonnaise,
- sugar and oil until smooth. In a large salad bowl, combine the
- lettuce, tomato and bread cubes. Sprinkle with bacon and onion.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups equals 118 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable,