BLT Bread Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cubed French bread
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1. Place bread cubes on an ungreased baking sheet; coat lightly with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk the water, vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar and oil until smooth. In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato and bread cubes. Sprinkle with bacon and onion. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 118 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.