BLT Bow Tie Pasta Salad
I first had this summery salad at a family reunion. It's one of my husband's favorite dinners. Sometimes, we leave out the chicken and serve it as a side dish instead. --Jennifer Madsen of Rexburg, Idaho.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under
- cold water. In a large bowl, combine romaine, chicken, tomato, bacon
- and pasta.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, water, barbecue sauce, vinegar and
- pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 189 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.