- 16 to 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Cut a thin slice off of each tomato top. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert the tomatoes on a paper towel to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 16-20 appetizer servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for BLT Bites
Sort By :
"Big hit at recent open house - especially with gluten-free crowd! Big bacon flavour"
"I have made these for many years and they are always a hit. I really wish would people wouldn't criticize recipes without trying them first. Also if you think there is too much of a certain ingredient, bacon for example, don't make it."
"These are amazing! I made these for my in-laws anniversary party and they were gone within minutes. I used precooked bacon pieces for convenience and a grapefruit spoon to hollow out the tomatoes."
"These are really good but preparing the tomatoes is tedious a lot of work for a one bite snack. Will do the filling on crackers or baguette"
"Shouldn't this have some cream cheese in it or something? It seems to me this would just be an overly salty gob of salty bacon?"