- 16 to 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Cut a thin slice off of each tomato top. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert the tomatoes on a paper towel to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 16-20 appetizer servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for BLT Bites
Sort By :
"These are really good but preparing the tomatoes is tedious a lot of work for a one bite snack. Will do the filling on crackers or baguette"
"Shouldn't this have some cream cheese in it or something? It seems to me this would just be an overly salty gob of salty bacon?"
"I have made this recipe for years. Back in 2006 my 16 year old daughter suggested just combining the stuffing ingredients in a food processor and pulsing until combined. I loved the result. It made the mixture easier to stuff into the tomato. We also used the small end of a melon baller to scoop out the inside of the tomatoes. These have been a hit at every holiday party, office party, etc. that I've ever taken them to. I always double the recipe, and there's nothing left."
"THese are a very good appetizer! I added some dry ranch powder to the mayo...yumm!"
"These are great appetizers and super easy!"