BLT Bites Recipe
- 16 to 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Cut a thin slice off of each tomato top. Scoop out and discard pulp. Invert the tomatoes on a paper towel to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into tomatoes. Refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 16-20 appetizer servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for BLT Bites(42)
Sort By :
These are delicious. When we take them places people always ask what they are, but once they have one they keep coming back for more.
This recipe is awesome. I make this every year around the holidays and everyone loves them. I noticed a lot of people are saying it is too time consuming. I have never had this problem due to changes I made in the recipe. I use 1 package of the Oscar Meyer real bacon bits, ¼ cup of mayo, and ¼ cup of chive and onion cream cheese (do not use 1/3 fat, it makes it too runny and does not have as much flavor), I have noticed others do this too. I also use parsley from my spice rack instead of fresh. Everything else is per the original recipe. I use a small paring knife to cut the tops and scrape out the insides. I also use a Ziploc sandwich bag and cut a small hole in the corner to easily fill the tomatoes. I have been making it like this from day one and they always turn out amazing.
Our family loves these. I have to agree they can be a pain to make. After struggling several times, I finally came up with the idea to use a very large decorating tip and frosting bag. It has to be a large tip opening or the ingredients will hang up. Never thought of slicing off the bottom so they will stand up. Great idea I will try next time.
I gave these four stars because even though everyone thought they were delicious, they were such a pain to make I can't see ever doing it again.
I gave these four stars because even though everyone thought they were delicious they were such a pain to make that I really can't ever see doing it again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >