These quick hors d'oeuvres may be mini, but their bacon and tomato flavor is full size. I serve them at parties, brunches and picnics, and they're always a hit...even my kids love them. —Kellie Remmen, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 16 to 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Cut a thin slice off of each tomato top. Scoop out and discard pulp.
- Invert the tomatoes on a paper towel to drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon into
- tomatoes. Refrigerate for several hours. Yield: 16-20 appetizer
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 113 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.