Blooming Sweet Rolls Recipe
You don't need a green thumb to cultivate this treat. Kids will have fun arranging prepared dough into a flower and decorating it with jelly and glaze.
- 10 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 3-1/2 teaspoons currant jelly, divided
- 1 teaspoon mint jelly, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Place on roll in the center of a greased baking sheet. Shape six rolls into ovals; place around center roll, forming a flower. For stem, roll one of the remaining rolls into a 5-in. rope; place rope touching the flower. Shape remaining rolls into leaves; arrange on each side of stem. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 2. With the end of a wood spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each petal and flower center; fill with about 1/4 teaspoon currant jelly. Make an indentation in the center of each leaf; fill with about 1/4 teaspoon mint jelly.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove from pan to a wire rack. Fill indentations with remaining jelly. In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar, milk, butter and extract; drizzle over warm sweet rolls. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 158 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Blooming Sweet Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC